Decorah is a great town and we’re proud to be a part of both its history and its active present day community.
If you’re stopping at the pharmacy but have a little extra time afterward, take a stroll along Water street and see what else is going on.
There are . . . 8? . . . 10? . . . Many different places to eat within just 1 block of our store. And if your legs can go an extra block or so, you’ll find a lot more choices. Whether you want a quick affordable lunch, an intimate coffee house snack, a pizza or pasta sort of meal, an upscale gourmet eatery or good quality bar food, Downtown Decorah has it and you’ll just have to keep coming back to try them all.
Our downtown also has some excellent clothing shops, shoe stores, antiques, art stores of several kinds, a luxury hotel, bike shops, quilting & knitting shops, a food co-op with deli, a chick hatchery that also sells outdoor gear & clothing, an excellent Norwegian American museum and a some great new places where you can practice or learn new skills or arts yourself. There’s more, but you’re just going to have to do the discovering for yourself.
The links list below is still in progress, but it’ll get you started.
- City of Decorah The town’s own website, for starters.
- Decorah Newspapers Best little paper around: no better source for everything Decorah & nearby.
- Decorah Chamber and Visitors Bureau Find out all the great stuff you can do in our area!
- Decorah News A website where you can keep up on what’s happening.
- DecorahDining.com Restaurant Guide with all the good eats in town.
- DecorahSports.com Keep up with all of the athletes in our region.
- Inspired Media Free regional magazine: this is their blog. Think positive, read positive, get inspired!
- Ace Kitchen Place Great place to go for all the good stuff you need to run your kitchen so it’s a pleasure instead of a chore.
- Agora Arts Emphasizing local and regional artisans, with a broad range of interesting and beautiful art, jewelry, prints, and more.
- AJ Petersburg Insurance services to meet all your needs and take care of you so you can relax.
- Amish Treasures
- Amundson’s Clothing Excellent quality men’s clothing with very knowledgeable staff to help get the best look.
- Dayton House
- Decorah Chevrolet-Cadillac
- Decorah Bank A good solid small town bank where the friendly, helpful service is matched by the diverse and technologically up to date offerings. Never known a bank as good as this one.
- Decorah Bicycles
- Elisabeth Maurland Studio: Uniquely delicate, intricately designed pottery like none other.
- Hotel Winneshiek
- JD’s House of Wine & Spirits
- Margaret’s Clothing
- Oneota Co-op
- Oneota River Cycles
- Oneota Stone Crafters
- The Perfect Edge will put a frame around anything, from original art print to old fishing lures. And they’ll do it with style and grace.
- Story People
- T-Bocks Best bar food in town: top notch burgers, including local beef if you want it, great fries, great beers and more.
- Trendz Clothing Boutique
- Bike Decorah
- Canoe Decorah
- Fish Decorah
- Decorah Area
- Decorah Dining
- City of Decorah
- Iowa Art Tour
- Nordic Fest
- Decorah Public Library
- Trails of Winneshiek
- Decorah Parks and Recreation
- Northeast Iowa Conference
- Luther Sports
photo credit: Bobak Ha’Eri